Thursday, August 25, 2022

Morocco


                                               Traveling to Morocco

Traveling to Morocco was a little rough:

  • We had to do a 2hr car ride to Miami.
  • We arrived at the airport and had to walk around with 2 heavy bags for 1hr and then have a 2hr layover before our flight.
  • We had a 3hr flight to Canada (though I watched 2 movies, which was good).
  • After the flight to Canada, we had an overnight flight to Morocco. The flight arrived at 7am, which in Florida is 2am, so I was not so happy to get up and lug 2 bags around more.
  • We walked through the airport and got out of there to go on a 1hr train. Then we got off and went on another train ride that was 3hr.
                                                          Exploring Morocco
  • After we finally got to Marrrakech (the city in Morocco that we are visiting), we walked through the streets to the place that we are staying and then plopped down on the abnormally hard beds and rested for the night.
  • In the morning we woke up and explored the streets without our bags, which was a relief. We found our way to the main square in Marrakech.
  • The main square was awesome! It has tons of vendors selling awesome things. From one of those vendors I bought a beautiful knife that has all sorts of cool designs on it.
  • We went back to the place and put all of our items that we bought there and then made our way to a historical tomb site.
  • We went to the tomb site and explored around. It was pretty cool: there was tiled walls with historical engravings and images.
  • Then we came back to our place and I worked on my blog… which is right now I guess.

            

                                                             




10 comments:

  1. WOW That's a long travel day. It's super cool that you guys are blogging your travels, so we can all live vicariously through you! What are you most excited about seeing/doing in Morocco?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you so much for responding to my blog post! Traveling is rough but pretty cool. I am exited about riding camels in the desert, visiting the night market (which I have already done and it is really cool). It has tons of awesome shops and snake charmers also great food places. I am also exited about surfing! I love surfing and seafood. What are you doing? Are you going to travel anywhere? Once again thank you very much for responding to my blog posts and I will keep you updated.
      -Sila G

      Delete
  2. That sounds like fun, except for the lugging bags around part. Be careful with your new knife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrick, thank you for responding to my blog post! In Morocco it is fun though traveling to here was a little rough. I will be careful with my new knife though it is pretty dull. What are you doing back in Florida? Hope you are having fun! Look out for the new post!
      -SilaG

      Delete
  3. Bags are a drag and make you sag and lag ... thank you for the post, Sila! and so glad you enjoyed Marrakech - which I did not even know how to spell until you posted it! And super glad you got to put down your bags. What else do the vendors sell? What languages do the people speak? Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ms. Elizabeth, thank you for writing a comment, also thank you for those awesome coloring sheets you drew for me! I love them! To answer your question the vendors also sell juice, rugs, sunglasses,
    t-shirts, jewelry, and purses/bags. The languages that they speak are Arabic and French some English. Thank you so much for writing a comment. I will keep you updated and I hope that you are well.
    -SilaG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sila. Wow what an adventure you are on. Are you carrying everything you will have for the months you were traveling? I love that you are seeing such exotic sights like snake charmers. Mark and I just returned from two months on the Greek Islands of Ikaria and Samos. Once you get the travel bug, the adventures never stop. Embrace it all (even with those heavy bags). Post pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are traveling. Not were traveling. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheila, thank you for responding to my blog posts. I will keep you updated with further posts. Yes we are carrying all of our stuff for this year on our backs. How were the Greek islands? Were they cool? I hope you guys had fun! I will embrace traveling more, even the bags. I just updated my blog with pics! Hope you guys are well and have fun on your travels!
    -SilaG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Greece was magic as it always is. We were on two islands: Ikaria and Samos. In May we did a three and a half week road trip in the Great Smokies and the Blue Ridge Mountains. America is indeed beautiful. We are taking advantage of retirement to travel more than normally. We are considering Australia in January or February of next year. We are finding purpose in our volunteering at a kitchen in Bonita Springs preparing meals for about 220 people in the community. The organization is called Feed Thy Neighbor. Sila is getting quite the education as he has always gotten with you and Conan. His writing is so good and I love the voice and his storytelling. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. Are you and Conan on leaves from FGCU? I guess Georgia fell through?

    ReplyDelete